Monday, August 6, 2012

The Sea .......

It is summertime in Texas!!!
Today
is
a hot, muggy and miserable day
or
it was until I answered yes
to
The sea is calling....
sighing in the cool breezes

watching a water baby and a mermaid playing in the surf

running in the warm blue waves

enjoying a dinner of fresh grilled red snapper and boiled blue crabs

wishing I was on that sailboat

drinking champagne
while
slowly watching a beautiful fiery sunset turn to twilight

being delighted by my old friend the moon peeking thru the clouds
and
then rising slowly high above the sea painting the waves with moonglow

thinking to myself ... I wish this night would never end

Good night Moon


Wishing you
sweet breezes and magical moments,

Dottie


I am linking to Thursday Favorite Things
Friday Show and Tell

14 comments:

  1. I would wish it never to end too......sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics Dottie! Looks like your having a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no place I would rather be than at the ocean! What wonderful photos and an amazing shot of the moon! Wishing you a beautiful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Summer. What gorgeous images- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree ~ the kind of day that summer dreams are made of!!
    Have a great new week Dottie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are always so lovely and so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could almost hear the sea breezes and smell the salty air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Dottie, you make me just want to load up and come join you! The moon shots are so beautiful. We get one more this month, a blue moon. ;) I'm sure you will post something delightful with that one! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo - how lovely! Nothing is more soul replenishing for me than the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to spend a summers evening Dottie.
    Enjoy!

    Deborah xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pictures! You know how to celebrate the small moments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Dottie, I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Popped over to see how you are.....beautiful pics.....BTW.....where are you in blogland????i'm missing you. LOL LOL

    Jo

    ReplyDelete