Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Slowing Down


Last year I bought this magazine in a book shop. I fell in love with it. Everything in it !!!!

Then late one night I found this .


I started thinking about my life and how I spend my time. I had become a very busy person. I started  thinking about my childhood on the farm and how quiet and simple it had been. I decided I wanted a change.

Then a friend brought me this.



That did it!!!!
I started making changes one step at a time.



I planted vegetables ,herbs and  flowers everywhere .
Even here.
The front of the house!!


I collect rainwater
and
I dream of raising chickens.


I stargaze at night.

The Big-Dipper

I turned the television off!!!!!! Except for American Idol!!


I love my simple live. I have learned as my life became quiet and simple.
I could once again hear God's voice.

Dottie

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Dottie..

    enjoy the quiet..its a place He calls me to quite often,
    His smile is upon you..

    In His love & friendship,
    Deborah \0/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dottie! What a beautiful post from the heart! After I finish visiting you I'll check out Mary Jane. I so enjoy simple things too- and all things home.
    I love what you wrote about hearing God... that's the best part! God is always waiting to talk to us!
    Blesssings, new friend!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty post. I'm looking forward to simplifying my life as well. Less TV will be a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it's relaxing just to read your post and take a few more steps toward simplicity. The tv shows now days don't make it hard to turn the tv off and leave it off, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like pure bliss! I haven't been watching much TV lately and we don't let the kids watch it during the school week either and I must say that the whole house is calmer as a result.

    I bet that gorgeous water tank is keeping your garden nice and green!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete