Thursday, October 13, 2011

Magical Things Happen

The season is moving on!!

Even though it does not feel like fall

outside my doors or windows

I have finally started celebrating the season
by
getting out my collection
of
vintage decorations.

Watermelon has been replaced by pumpkins

Lovely Collete has a new friend Claude.
Maybe
soon the dove cote in the garden
will
be filled with the sweet cooing sound of baby white doves.

Every morning holds the breathtaking surprise
of
so many
 Morning  Glory blooms.
 I sometimes think I woke up
in
Alice in Wonderland.

 
Last night ! Last night!

I wish I could give you the beauty of last night in my garden

a cool breeze off the bay

twinkling white lights and flickering candles

a dark and velvety midnight blue sky

a lone night bird singing in the dark

the slow rise of the Hunter's Moon
that
later painted everything under it with its silver moonshine.


On some days and nights magical things happen!

Dottie


I AM LINKING TO OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY
and
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY.

7 comments:

  1. The Morning Glories are amazing...so pretty. And your outdoor photos are magical.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. The morning glories are beautiful, and the moon photo is spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a magical garden like you but I do have the same moon and I too saw the Hunters Moon and that was magic in itself...truly breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those morning glories are AMAZING!!! And, your description of the evening time lifts my soul. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dottie.....I wish I could be where you are and enjoy your magic. Those morning glories........ohhhhhh myyyyyy!!!

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular photo of the moon! And your morning glory is beautiful! I'm enjoying Fall in Florida! Have a wonderful week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your pictures....esp. the morning glories. They were a favorite of my mom's!

    ReplyDelete